Winter is the perfect season for comforting, warm beverages and delicious holiday cocktails. Your favorite seasonal beverages can be sweeter and lower in sugar when you use Sweet’N Low as a replacement for sugar in all kinds of recipes, from comforting hot chocolate to festive eggnog and Irish coffee.
And if you took a look outside my door today you would see that it is the perfect day for a nice warm and comforting warm beverage. We made it til the end of December to have any sort of snow and believe it or not we were blessed with a white Christmas Eve. All be it we were traveling on the road it and it took us over two hours to travel less than 50 miles, but none the less we had snow. And it would have been beautiful if we were at home sitting in front of a warm fire with one of these delicious coffees. But here we are again and it’s snowing but the only difference is that we are at home today and sitting in front of the fire.
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 packets Sweet'N'Low granulated sugar substitute
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 2 oz almond-flavoured, Italian liqueur
- Cocoa poweder and whipped cream for garnish
- In a small mug or coffee cup, mix the cocoa and Sweet'N'Low together. Add a few tablespoons of the coffee and stir until the cocoa is completely disolved. Pour in the remaining coffee and liqueur. Top with whipped cream and cocoa powder, if desired.
Note: this post is part of a DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker program with Sweet’N Low.