Apple Strudel Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Caramel Sauce
- 2½ cups brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust: Cream butter and sugar thoroughly, blend in flour. Press onto the bottom and ½ inch up the side of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- For the filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until just blended. Beat in sour cream, lemon zest juice.
- Using a slotted spoon arrange apples over crust, cover with cheese mixture.
- For topping: Mix the ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 45 minutes or until centre is just set. Cool thoroughly at room temperature. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For sauce: Mix the sugar and condensed milk together in medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat until sugar dissolves completely. Set the mixture aside.
- Melt the butter in another small saucepan and stir in the vanilla and milk. Let the mixture simmer on low heat until mixture is smooth -- about one to two minutes.
- Stir the butter mixture into the sugar mixture slowly to finish the caramel sauce. Let it stand for about three to five minutes until mixture becomes thick.
- Pour the mixture into bowl or small pitcher and cover. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
You may also like...
Tagged: cheesecake recipes