The first time that I had Bang Bang Shrimp was at the Bonefish Grill and fell in love with them. And who wouldn’t, fried shrimp in a spicy sauce… absolutely addicting. There is a local restaurant here that also does a pretty decent version of this, but there is not match for the original. Since then I was on a quest to come up with this recipe and I think that you will find that this recipe for Bonefish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp is pretty dead on.
Super easy appetizer sure to please the entire crowd…
- 2 lbs peeled, tail off shrimp
- 1 jar Thai Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup mayo
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- Lightly coat shrimp with flour or cornstarch, fry in vegetable oil until light golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Stir together Chile Sauce, Mayo and Sriracha. Gently toss with shrimp and serve.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
If you don’t want to fry your own shrimp, you can always buy them already fried in the freezer section of your grocery store. A great way to make sure you always have this recipe on hand.
Do you like this recipe? You may also be interested in Shrimp with Spicy Chorizo Sauce.
Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share? Good Food Good Friends is giving away a free cookbook everymonth to the recipe that has the most hits! Click here to share your recipes.