These dreamy Bisquick cinnamon rolls are easy enough to make any day but special enough for Christmas morning. Prepare them the day before so that you are sure not to miss a moment of Christmas morning.
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ cups biscuit baking mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- For Rolls: Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; reserve.
- Stir Bisquick, milk and 2 tablespoons sugar until dough forms. If dough is too sticky, gradually mix in enough Bisquick (up to ¼ cup) to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto surface well dusted with Bisquick; gently roll in Bisquick to coat.
- Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Roll into rectangle, 15x9 inches; spread with butter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture; sprinkle evenly with raisins. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side. Seal well by pinching edge of dough into roll. Cut into 1¼-inch slices; place cut sides down in pan.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Spread Glaze over warm rolls.
- For Glaze: Stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
To make these delicious cinnamon rolls the day before prepare them completely but do not bake them. Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap. In the morning place them on the counter while you preheat the oven. They may need an additional 5 minutes baking time depending on your oven. Prepare your glaze in the morning.