I first found this recipe, or at least some version of it, on the box of Green Tabasco® Sauce over 10 years ago. I’m not sure what ever happened to that box and I’m not even sure if this is how the recipe goes, but I have been making this Black Bean Chicken Salad ever since. Everyone in the family loves it. I usually save a few scoops of the salsa for my husband to eat later with his chips. The longer it sits and the flavors meld together the better this salsa gets. Avocado is very good added to this as well, but since I’m the only one in the family that likes avocado, I don’t do it very often or I just add it to my portion.
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Green Tabasco® Sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 lb pre-cooked southwestern style chicken
- Tortilla chips
- Spicy Ranch Dressing
- Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, oil, vinegar and Tabasco® sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Generously spoon the salsa over chopped lettuce.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm the chicken. Spoon over salad.
- Dress with Spicy Ranch Dressing and crumbled tortilla chips.