- 1 lb Thin Slice Chicken - Perdue
- 1 lb Fettuccini
- ¾ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Butter
- 3-5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup White Wine (or 2 cups of just chicken stalk if you don’t want to use wine)
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Capers (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- In a large pasta pot, bring water to a boil. Add fettuccini. Cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, in large pan heat butter and olive oil on medium/high heat.
- Beat egg in a medium size bowl. Put bread crumbs in the other. Dredge chicken in egg and then in bread crumbs to coat. Place in pan, adjust heat as necessary. Cook until golden brown and no longer pink. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Squeeze half of lemon over chicken. Cover with foil.
- In the pan you just cooked the chicken in, add garlic and sauté. Add chicken stock and wine to deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add fresh parsley , capers and juice from the other half of the lemon.
- When pasta is done, add to the pan and turn pasta to combine with sauce.
- To plate, add pasta to center of plate, top with one chicken fillet. Spoon a little of the sauce over top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (optional).
Copyright 2013 Good Food Good Friends
* Best if you have a glass of wine while cooking. Enjoy!