Gnocchi with Asparagus and Pancetta
Recipe type: Pasta
- 2 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi (such as Vigo)
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add shallots and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add gnocchi, pancetta, reserved cooking liquid, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute. Serve with cheese.