I made this Grands!® Monkey Bread this morning for my daughter’s 16th birthday. Hard to believe she is that old… But anyway, I made it at her request. That’s all she wanted for her birthday, well besides an iPhone (which she got). The only problem is I only had one can of biscuits, but I cut the recipe in half and it worked beautifully. And it’s probably all the four of us really needed any way! Instead of using a bundt pan, I used my tart pan. It was the perfect size and since the bottom drops out, I didn’t have to worry about of those cute little monkey bread parts getting stuck to the pan.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp. milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in bundt pan, adding walnuts and raisins among the biscuit pieces.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk 1 tsp. at a time until you have a nice icing consistancy and drizzle over monkey bread.
- Pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
Copyright 2013 Good Food Good Friends
Find more breakfast recipes.