I saw Giada De Laurentiis make this on her show Giada at Home and I instantly knew that I would love it and that it would be a hit with my family. I have made several versions of this sauce using different combinations, but I have never put sun-dried tomatoes, olives and basil all in the same pesto. It made my mouth water just thinking about it. And since had all the ingredients stock-piled in my pantry I decided I would make it for dinner that night. I have since added this recipe in the rotation of mainstays. It’s quick, easy, and like I said you probably have all the ingredients you need right now in your pantry. I have served this as a main course with a nice salad or as a side with steak or grilled chicken.
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chopped or julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) medium green olives, pitted
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture on top and toss until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.