I am sure by now you have seen all the things you can make with a can of pumpkin puree. Well, this might be one of the best This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Bread is perfect for breakfast, dessert and snacks. There are so many yummy recipes to make with pumpkin, I would suggest that you pick up a few cans on your next shopping trip so when the mode strikes, you are prepared. This one is so quick, easy and more than likely you have all you need in your pantry.
- 1¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 11/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 5-inch nonstick loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and power, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- With an electric mixer beat the butter in a large bowl until softened. Add the sugar and continue beating. Add the eggs and beat until well blended. Add the pumpkin, vanilla and finally the flour mixture, beating just until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean in the center. Let the loaf cool at least 15 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature in slices.
Find more recipes using a can of pumpkin.