These Cheese Straws are perfect on their own with a glass of wine or on the table with your favorite pasta dish.
Rosemary Cheese Straws
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the fridge (or on the counter in 40 minutes to an hour)
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment or foil.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and gently use a rolling pin to stretch pastry into a 10x12 inch sheet. Use a kitchen/pastry brush and brush egg wash over the surface of the puff pastry until completely covered. Divide the cheese mixture in half and sprinkle evenly over each puff pastry sheet. Gently press the mixture into the sheets.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut the pastry dough in half across the long side. Cut each half into ¾ inch strips. Hold the ends of each pastry strip and twist moving your hands in the opposite direction and lay each strip on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry puffs and turns golden brown. Cool on baking sheets.
Find more appetizer recipes.