Shrimp Ceviche is typically made from fresh raw shrimp marinated in citrus juices such as lemon or lime. As the dish is not cooked with heat, it must be prepared fresh to minimize the risk of food poisoning but I feel it’s safer if not easier to prepare it with frozen cooked shrimp.
- 1 pound high-quality medium cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup seeded and finely chopped tomato
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped mango
- 1 serrano chile pepper, deveined, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- Saltine crackers
- Bottled hot sauce
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the shrimp, lime juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, red onions, mango and serrano chile to incorporate evenly. Season the ceviche with some salt. Serve with saltine crackers, bottled hot sauce and lime wedges if desired.
For more appetizer recipes click here.
You may also like...
Tagged: appetizer recipes