If you are looking for something different to serve as a side dish then you should try this recipe for Smashed Cauliflower.
- 2 lbs cauliflower, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, ends snipped and peeled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt (optional and according to taste)
- In a medium size saucepan, put diced cauliflower, peeled garlic cloves and water and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, add the salt and cook cauliflower until tender.
- Drain the water from the saucepan of cooked cauliflower and garlic. While still piping hot, mash the cauliflower and garlic, either leave some bits unmashed (for texture) or mash until smooth.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and evaporated milk and continue to mash/mix.
- Mix in the grated Romano Cheese and season with pepper and salt (optional according to taste).
- Fold-in the chopped chives.