Love this Wilted Spinach Quinoa Salad with Cranberries and Bacon. I could eat it alone as an entree salad or along side a nice juciy tenderlion or grilled shrimp.
Wilted Spinach Quinoa Salad with Cranberries and Bacon
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 cup quino (cooked to package directions)
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 6-8 slices crispy bacon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup glazed walnuts pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa, spinach, green onions, bacon and cranberries.
- For dressing, in a small sauce pan, whisk the oil, vinegar, agave syrup, garlic, salt and pepper. Warm over moderate heat. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.