With the football well under way and the holidays fast approaching it nice to have a good cheese ball recipe in your recipe box. This Bacon Crab Jalapeño Cheese Ball recipe has kicked things up a notch or two or three! Besides the amazing flavor and the spicy kick to this cheese ball, I love the fact that it makes two nice sized balls. One for today and one for pop-in company later in the week.
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 oz crab meat
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 jalapeños (ribs and seeds removed), finely chopped
- crackers (for serving)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet set over medium heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool slightly, then crumble and divide in half.
- While the bacon is cooking, preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant. Allow to cool and chop into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, crab meat, cheddar cheese, parsley, garlic, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, the minced jalapeños, and crumbled bacon until well combined. Season the mixture to taste with salt.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into two equal parts and shape into a ball (the mixture will be sticky, I found it easiest to place the cheese mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and shape). Roll the ball in the pecans until coated on all sides.
- Cover the ball and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Find more appetizer recipes.