I love the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter and the salty crunch of pretzels. Add them all together and you get this decadent Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark. This will chocolatey goodness will be a great addition to your recipe box.
Are you planning your meals for the week? Do you like this recipe? Would you love to have seven days worth of meal plans along with a complete shopping list that include yummy food like this? Then you need to sign up for my Menu Planning Services!
- 2 lbs semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- About 1 cup mini pretzels, broken into smaller pieces, more or less to cover a layer
- 2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Melt half of the chocolate candy coating according to the package directions, then spread over parchment paper or a silpat-lined cookie sheet. Spread to a large rectangle, but not too thin – approximately ⅛″ to ¼″ thickness. Place in freezer to firm up.
- In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, Confectioners’ sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Remove first chocolate layer from the freezer and spread the peanut butter mixture over the top. Layer with the broken pieces of pretzels and press into the peanut butter. Return to the freezer.
- Melt the remaining chocolate candy coating. Once that is melted, spread it over the top of the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with sea salt and freeze until set.
- Break up the bark into small pieces using a butcher knife. Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.